Saturday, May 4, 2019, 4PM to 9PM
Branded Hearts Stables, 1030 Morningside Dr, Englewood, FL 34223
A taste of the Kentucky Derby is coming to Englewood. Which means for the ladies, it’s time to start thinking about a Derby hat! The event is a fundraiser for Englewood Beach Waterfest to support their Englewood Beach WaterFest that is committed to boosting the local economy while generating and then donating all proceeds to deserving organizations that foster the conservation and protection of our coastal waterways and marine life and encourage the responsible and recreational use of our beaches and water resources. The event will also benefit Branded Hearts Stables non-profit organization. Owner Kathy Genth is known for her therapy horse named Hope, who only stands 28 inches tall. Hope is a local celebrity who visits hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Branded Hearts offers children an opportunity to befriend or ride a horse, perhaps for the first time. Genth also has a history of power boat racing… proving horsepower has always been her passion.
Derby Day will be like no other derby viewing party in Southwest Florida. The festivities will include a “Taste of Derby” provided by 12 local restaurants, an open bar with featured bourbon libations, chance race wagering, “Horseplay” games, a parade of horses from Branded Hearts Stables, a “Hattitude” competition for the ladies and of course, the live viewing of the official 145th Run for the Roses.
The Derby Day event is going to be held on the grounds of Branded Hearts Stables on Morningside Drive, Englewood, FL on Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 4:00 PM until 9:00 PM. Tickets are $125 per person and can be purchased here. The Englewood-centric theme, “It’s All About Horsepower” celebrates our equestrian and boat racing enthusiasts, and the winning spirit of those who energize our community.
For those that don’t know, the Kentucky Derby is held annually in Louisville, Kentucky, on the first Saturday in May and is known as the “Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports”.
The Derby Day event is being organized by the newly formed Englewood Fillies. Co-chairs Elaine Miller and Carol Moore have joined together with 12+ civically minded women, all who endeavor to broaden their charitable and social footprints. Their hosting of the Englewood Derby Day festivities pays homage to the Louisville, Kentucky Fillies who since 1959 have planned and hosted an array of Kentucky Derby events for the benefit of charitable organizations and initiatives.
For updates, please like our Derby Day Facebook page.
Derby Day Menu
Derby Day all inclusive ticket gives you an open bar and a taste of the Kentucky Derby from local restaurants you know & love!
Wondering what a taste of Derby looks like:
• Benedictine Tea Sandwiches – Lock ‘N Key
• Bruschetta Crostini – Mango Bistro
• Cucumber salad Crostini – Mango Bistro
• Bourbon & Bacon Deviled Eggs – Vino Loco
• Specialty Crostini – Vino Loco
• Bourbon Glazed Meatballs – La Stanza Ristorante
• Beer Cheese Dip w/ Pretzel Sticks – Snook’s Bayside
• Corn Bread – Howard’s
• Bourbon Glazed Chicken – Englewood’s on Dearborn
• Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders – Sand Bar Tiki & Grille
• Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders – Farlows On The Water
• Bourbon Chicken Skewers – Howard’s
• Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese – Snook’s Bayside
• Pickled Shrimp & Corn Salad Cups – Lock ‘N Key
• Country Ham & Swiss Biscuits – Lighthouse Grill
• Shrimp & Grits – The Waverly
• Bourbon & Pecan Derby Bites – Farlows On The Water
• Bourbon Brownie Bites – Lighthouse Grill
• Honey Custard w/Berries Cups – SandBar Tiki & Grille
• Mint Julip Mini Delights – Mango’s
• Derby Tiramisu – La Stanza Ristorante
• Sweet Tea & Lemonde – Joe Maxx
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Taste of Derby Sponsor