Click the buttons below to access the Gallery from Venice Photo Booth at this year’s Event!
Sat, Nov 18 & Sun, Nov 19, 2023, 10 AM to 4 PM
Mote Marine Laboratory will have six exhibits at Englewood Beach Waterfest on November 18 & 29, 2023 in the Family Conservation Center. The exhibits are:
- FIN-TASTIC FRIENDS – Learn the truth about the often misunderstood sharks and rays and about Mote’s current research to discover more about these amazing animals.
- FLORIDA WATERSHEDS – What kinds of native animals live in your backyard? Learn about some of our remarkable native residents such as gators, birds and river otters. Discover what is harming our local watersheds and what you can do to protect them.
- MARINE CSI – Learn about Mote’s team of experts who investigate animal strandings. Compare a dolphin and manatee skull, feel real dolphin bones and see if you can learn how to solve the case.
- SPINELESS SEA – What do a sea star, a whelk, a horseshoe crab and a squid have in common? Learn some of the weird and wacky adaptations of the spineless sea, and how to protect them and help keep them in the ocean where they belong.
- RADICAL REEFS – Are corals plants, animals or minerals? Learn about these fascinating ecosystems and the important work Mote scientists are doing to study, protect and restore our planet’s coral reefs.
Also scheduled to exhibit in addition to Mote Marine:
- Florida Right to Clean Water
- Lemon Bay High School Marine Club
- Lemon Bay Conservancy
- Wildlife Center of Southwest Florida
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center – Cedar Point Park
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Other Children’s Activities scheduled:
- Face Painting
- Venice Photo Booth
- Butterfly Encounter
Expand your family’s marine life education and conservation efforts. Bring the whole family to The Family Conservation Center at Englewood Beach during the Englewood Beach Waterfest, Nov. 18 & 19, 2023.
Watch this website or our Waterfest Facebook page for more information as it becomes available!
Also, be sure to check out the following resources: