Click Here to Purchase Your Tickets. Other ticket outlets will be announced soon. Purchase your ticket ahead of time and get it for only $15 / person (instead of for $20 / person at the gate).
Speed, Power and Excitement comes to Englewood, Florida for a three day festival, November, 16th, 17th and 18th. On Friday, November, 16th view the boats and teams up close and personal at the Block Party on Dearborn Street. Watch thrilling offshore powerboat racing from Englewood Beach on November 17th as boats continue to gather points for the world championship races on November 18. This is the World Championships for OPA Racing (Offshore Powerboat Association) with expected attendance of over 50 boats running at speeds up to and over 150 miles per hour.
This year, Race Teams will not only be competing for a World Championship Prize Purse but also for a piece of the $10,000 Geico Triple Crown purse. It will be no holding back for the Race Teams in this last race of the season.
The OPA sanction in offshore racing brings years of experience. This year alone, they have staged races in New Jersey, Missouri, Michigan, Massachusetts, and Maryland.
For a complete schedule of OPA events, visit the OPA Website.
As more information becomes available, we will update the “Schedule Of Events”.
1st day of Racing starts on Saturday at 11am
2nd day of Racing starts on Sunday at 11am
Race fans are encouraged to visit Waterfest Village on Englewood Beach during practice days on Friday and also all day on Saturday and Sunday.
The Family Conservation Center
Sat, Nov 17 & Sun, Nov 18, 10 AM to 4 PM
Mote Marine Laboratory will have six exhibits at Englewood Beach WaterFest on November 17 & 18, 2018 in the new Family Conservation Center sponsored by the Ron & Matt Smith Agency of State Farm Insurance. The exhibits are:
- FIN-TASTIC FRIENDS – Learn the truth about the often misunderstood sharks and rays and about Mote’s current research to discover more about these amazing animals.
- FLORIDA WATERSHEDS – What kinds of native animals live in your backyard? Learn about some of our remarkable native residents such as gators, birds and river otters. Discover what is harming our local watersheds and what you can do to protect them.
- MARINE CSI – Learn about Mote’s team of experts who investigate animal standings. Compare a dolphin and manatee skull, feel real dolphin bones and see if you can learn how to solve the case.
- SPINELESS SEA – What do a sea star, a whelk, a horseshoe crab and a squid have in common? Learn some of the weird and wacky adaptations of the spineless sea, and how to protect them and help keep them in the ocean where they belong.
- TURTELY TURLTES – How many kinds of sea turtles are there? How long do sea turtles really live? Learn the answers to these questions, feel a turtle skull and shell and even take a peak inside a replica sea turtle nest.
- RADICAL REEFS – Are corals plants, animals or minerals? Learn about these fascinating ecosystems and the important work Mote scientists are doing to study, protect and restore our planet’s coral reefs.
Also scheduled to exhibit in addition to Mote:
- Shark Brothers (Saturday, November 17 only)
- Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Peace River Wildlife Club with Luna the Owl
- Lemon Bay High School Aquaculture Club
- E.Y.E. on Nature Book Reading
- Charlotte Harbor Visitor & Convention Bureau
More to be announced soon.
Other Children’s Activities scheduled:
- Bean Bag Toss
- Ring Toss
- Face Painting
- Treasure Dig
- Model Turtle Adoption
- Photo Booth
- Float Your Boat
- Boat Racing
Expand your family’s marine life education and conservation efforts. Bring the whole family to The Family Conservation Center at Englewood Beach during the Englewood Beach Waterfest, Nov. 17 & 18th, 2018.
Watch this space or our Family Conservation Center Facebook event for more information as it becomes available!
Waterfest Beach Oasis, Cantina & Food Court
Come for the Races and the Family Conservation Center and enjoy the food!
Directly on the beach under tents, Howard’s Restaurant will offer their Seafood and American fare and in our authentic Mexican Cantina, Paraiso will be grilling your Mexican favorites. Waterfest will have special fare for the children. Throughout the Food Court we will also have of course festival foods like funnel cakes, snow cones, popcorn, pretzels, ice cream and other delicacies you will enjoy.
What would a festival be without adult beverages? Waterfest will have beer, wine and mixed drinks this year throughout Waterfest Village. We will also be serving Paraiso margaritas and sangria in the Cantina and don’t miss the Waterfest killer Bloody Marys and Siesta Key Rum drinks sponsored by the Lighthouse Grill.