Waterfest is the premier event in Englewood with over $6 million brought into the community. Each year we have expanded the festival, and once again the Board of Directors are expanding and improving the event. This year’s festival will include a “Family Conservation Area”, along with vendors, music, food, drinks and the OPA World Championship Offshore boat races.
There are Lots of Areas to Volunteer!
Most of our volunteer positions will be at the beach, but if you prefer there will be a few in other areas. By volunteering you will help support deserving organizations that foster the protection of our water and marine life, and encourage the recreational use of our water resources. If you enjoy working in a group environment, and are committed, we have many volunteer opportunities available.
- Family Conservation Center
- Food and Beverage Sales
- Tee Shirt Sales
- Dry Pit Attendants
- Setup & Maintenance
- Ticket Sales
- Welcome Center
- Divers and Safety Boats
Volunteers Needed in These Areas
Security and Safety
Need several people for all shifts on Saturday and Sunday.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor entry/exit gates
- Act as a roving patrol to assure security for the overall event – Operating in teams of two.
- Should be able to walk/stand for a four-hour shift
- Observe attendee behavior for alcohol and/or drugs and subsequent behavior during the day. Report aberrant behavior to Security Command Center
- Liaison with the CCSO Department and Englewood Fire/EMS
- No experience necessary, but prior law enforcement employment/experience is desirable
Gate Attendant/Ticket Sales
Need people for various shifts on Saturday and Sunday
Volunteer Sign-in/Information booth
Need 2 people for Sunday
Need several medics (Medics, Nurse, PA or physicians) to ride on the safety boats during the races for both days
Are You Interested in Becoming an Englewood Beach Waterfest Volunteer?
Please review the requirements and responsibilities below before signing up. Thank you for your consideration in this worthwhile event. When opening the sign up page remember to scroll down to see opportunities on both days.
- Like Working in a Group
- Are Energetic & Friendly
- Are Dependable
…Then we Need YOU to Volunteer at Waterfest 2020!
4-Hour Volunteers Receive…
- Race Ticket
8-Hour Volunteers Receive…
- Race Ticket
- Food & Drink Tickets
- Be on time: bus transportation will be provided from volunteer parking lot which will be identified at a later date.
- Wear your Waterfest tee shirt and report to sign in table prior to your start time.
- After signing in report to volunteer supervisor for assignment. Keep supervisor informed of any issues.
What a Volunteer Needs
- Volunteer tee shirt and wrist band (provided by Waterfest)
- Sun screen
- Maybe a hat
- Friendly smile and good attitude
Location of Check-in
- In front of beach pavilion at main gate
- Event is held rain or shine
- No drugs, firearms, or consumption of alcohol while volunteering